Wednesday, February 17, 2010

High School Activity

Today my student teacher, Leah, did a fun assignment with my seniors. We are reading Robinson Crusoe and so she had them build a shelter out of newspaper. It was fun to watch, but more interesting to listen to the comments that were made. After the activity and clean up began, we had had those who said, "It's not my fault," "It's not my responsibility, let someone else do it," or my personal favorite, "I don't want to." (In a whiny voice.) I know that these are good students and yet I fear that they are taking these attitudes with them when they go to find jobs or continue on in college. More and more there are those who are not willing to take responsibility for their actions, or anything else for that matter. I guess soon enough, hopefully, the leaders will emerge.

No comments:

Post a Comment